Social media is a great way to disseminate information about your work and build your presence online, but with so much content on so many platforms, you can find a way to make your videos stand out. You can find some simple ideas you can try to take your video quality to a whole new level.
Get some great ideas for creating truly engaging social media videos and the best online video maker and apps to make social media work effectively today.
Importance of Video on Social Media
Whether you’re using Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn, or even Pinterest, video content will be a big part of your in-app experience. This is because video content is usually more noticeable and attractive than still photos. And, in most cases, the longer a viewer is involved in content, the more likely it is that the algorithm will make that content accessible to more viewers.
This is one of the prime reasons why social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook are so prevalent. Also, tweets that include videos will increase your engagement on Twitter by a factor of 10. There are some important types of video content on social media:
- Story: A story is a short video that disappears after 24 hours. Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn all have their version of the story.
- Short Form Video: Short-form video is popular on TikTok and Instagram reels. These videos range from 5 seconds to 1 minute and usually play automatically.
- Feature Videos: These videos can be shared on Instagram or YouTube, Facebook, and LinkedIn’s IGTV.
- Long format videos are usually longer than a minute.
- Live Stream: A live stream is an unedited video streamed on your site. You can find the version on TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
For more tips on making your social media presence through videos, check out the below-mentioned tips and techniques:
5 Ways to Make Your Social Media Videos Enticing
Including videos in your social media strategy is the key to building deeper connections with your viewers. The video production process may seem daunting, but it doesn’t necessarily require a huge budget to shoot branded video content.
We all have smartphones, which are powerful video tools out of the box. Automatically schedule, and publish video posts from your dashboard on all social platforms-free!
Step 1 – Make the first 5 seconds most impressive:
The first five seconds are very important when it comes to getting people’s attention. Choosing the right clip to tell the story is essential to attract the viewer, and you rarely have time to understand it correctly.
Keep your viewers busy with content they didn’t expect. To get the right clip, you need to have the right gear so you can find the angle you want to tell the story. Also, choose the aspect ratio that is appropriate for the platform on which you want to share your video.
Step 2. Shoot high-quality videos
Social media platforms and their users expect high-quality content. Instagram recently announced that the Instagram Reels algorithm doesn’t give much priority to low-resolution blurry video. You can record high-quality content from your home using your smartphone. There are a few things to keep in mind when shooting social media videos.
- Stability: Use a phone stand, tripod, stabilizer, or pile of books to keep your footage from wobbling when shooting social media videos.
- Audio: Record in a quiet room with great sound effects. This can be achieved by placing furniture or soft objects in the room to absorb the sound and prevent echoes.
- Lighting: Shoot near bright windows and use powerful light sources, or use ring lights to create brighter and crisper videos.
- Smartphone: Record video content directly from your smartphone. Don’t forget to clean the lens before shooting!
Step 3 – Utilize your equipment and expertise well
Creating a new video from scratch can be a daunting task, but camera rolls often have many assets that can be reused/used. Being creative with new camera movements and transitions can make a big difference to the overall look and feel of your video. Not only can these existing assets save you time, but they can also give your video the creative boost you’re looking for. Use footage that needs to be otherwise prominent and tell the story throughout the video.
Step 4 – Start with a strong hook
The Intro of the video is crucial. If you don’t get the user’s attention, you can move on immediately. The best way to get the audience’s attention is to use strong hooks, a compelling question, or share important advice.
Step 5. Edit social media videos well
Enliven your mood by using proper lighting that can make a huge difference and color grading that can enhance and/or correct shots. You can make your content stand out by creating styles and moods. This can be achieved by experimenting with colors and lighting. With several video editing software available online, you can save presets that suit your style and apply them to your footage as needed. Here is what all you can do using video editing:
- Go with the flow – Be creative and inculcate a smooth introduction, middle, and end. One of the recommended flow methods for remembering this structure is an equation
- Organize your video into sections for clarity and conciseness. Tell a compelling story, and make your videos easy to follow.
- Choose your music well – A good soundtrack can create or split a video, so it’s important to make sure the audio fits your style. Use music to invoke the right kind of emotion and create the right feelings. You can find hundreds of trending soundtracks and licensed music that can be downloaded.
- Show your face in the video – This is a big growth hack as it helps build trust with your viewers and encourages engagement through comments, likes, and sharing.
- Add text or subtitles – Subtitles and text not only make videos more accessible to the hearing impaired but also allow viewers to participate even when the volume is off. Some platforms such as Facebook, IGTV, and YouTube generate automatic subtitles, while others such as TikTok and Instagram Reels require you to add text manually.
- Style your videos well – Make sure you use the same fonts, colors, and styles for all your videos to create consistent branding for your social media videos. Use titles and graphics consistently to make it easier for the community to follow your promotional videos on social media.
The ultimate guide to creative social media videos and tips. is becoming a major asset for growing communities and sharing brand stories. Almost all platforms welcome innovative and high-quality content, so there’s never been a better time to start creating, editing and delivering the best social media videos.
With more engagement, the video content on various social media platforms is becoming a rage, and there is no reason for you to be left behind. So, grab the opportunity and make your band’s presence felt on multiple platforms.