There was a time when many organizations wanted to install private wireless networks in their premises, but such options were not available – choices were limited to Wi-Fi or other network technologies like LoRa or Sigfox for the businesses like office buildings, transit hubs, factories, and many other geographic areas. Now, a new type of private network has begun to be deployed by many organizations. These networks are not only compatible with public cellular networks but also are responsible to offer great coverage, security, and other capabilities to the organizations as they need more advanced IoT applications and reduced long-term management costs.
Private LTE is a network that uses licensed, unlicensed, or shared spectrum and it can be accessed by only authorized users of specified organizations. This network is generally beneficial for the benefit of organizations in terms of coverage, performance, and priority of use; offers a broader range and improved outdoor coverage; Operated devices can operate farther away from their base stations compared. Private LTE has widespread coverage, which offers speeds of up to 100Mbps and supports up to 1000 devices per cell. So, now let us see what difference between Private LTE is and Private 5G along with Smart 5g tester, 5G test equipment, 5g network tester tools and Smart 4G Testing RF drive test software, Cellular LTE RF drive test tools & equipment in detail.
- A private LTE network uses dedicated spectrum and a steadfast operating function. For this reason, many industries, such as manufacturing, mining, ports, campuses, etc., are deploying such network.
- private LTE network has high security and reliability, which attracts security-sensitive mission critical industries such as defence, manufacturing, and extractives to install the network increasingly.
- Private LTE has number of access points that will provide extensive coverage to the areas such as large factories.
- There are many use cases that require higher bandwidth, lower latency, and higher reliability, these can be met by private LTE – such use cases can bring great economic value as well.
Private 5G enables quality-of-service-based priority access that requires less power than its public network and offers more speed and security measures. The purpose of the private network is to share data safely and independently.
- Private 5G delivers lower latency, higher bandwidth, and reliability than previous iterations, which will open many new use cases. Industries want to implement value-adding use cases that are possible now because of the private 5G network.
- Private 5G can support a much greater density of devices due to its higher bandwidth, mobility, and lower latency. These improved capabilities enable new use cases such as Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMRs), AR/VR/MR, wireless robots, and drones.
- Private 5G networks are deployed on a single site to address wide-area network requirements, for example, in a factory or a mine.
Private LTE and private 5G are the best options for wireless networking, ideal for large spaces that require a wide-area LAN – networks leverage either licensed spectrum, unlicensed spectrum, or shared spectrum. Here, a question comes, what are the reasons why organisations using private LTE/5G networks? Answers are given below.
- The demand for private LTE/5G networks is growing in large organisations due to their operational efficiency–enterprises create new digital products and services by digitising their data.
- When IT (information technology) and OT (operational technology) are merging, the demand of for high-bandwidth, low-latency networks are increasing to support expanded automation, which will be possible through private LTE/5G networks.
- Due to one of the important factors called data privacy, enterprises are more intersected to deploy private networks as they require more control of their data.
- Cable substitution is another factor for which enterprises deploy private LTE/5G networks. This means, such networkcan support new applications with cost-effective solutions.
Private LTE and Private 5G will work fine if they get tested continuously. So, to measure both networks, two different methods are available, one is the traditional way of testing and the other one is a non-traditional way of testing. Among them, the non-traditional one is getting more important as several operators and service providers use it more. RantCell is a non-traditional method of network monitoring measurement tool that is not only convenient to use (installed in Android and iOS mobile phones to run the test) but also saves you money (does not use any hardware and requires on-site visit to perform the test).