The angle which is smaller than the right angle is known as the acute angle in the world of mathematics. In very other words this will be the angle which will be less than 90° in measurement. The polygons such as parallelogram, trapezium, triangle or several other kinds of things will always consist of at least one acute angle. The two lines or line segments with a common point will always lead to the formation of the angle and the angle is perfectly denoted by a particular symbol. Angle is always measured with the help of a protractor in the world of mathematics and is displayed in the form of degrees. The components of the angle have been explained as follows:
- Vertex:This will be the point or corner where lines will be meeting.
- Arms: 2 lines that will be meeting to form an angle will be known as arms of the angle
Following are some of the very basic properties of the acute angle:
- Every angle that will be smaller than the right angle will be known as the acute angle for example 30°, 60°, 33°, 55° and so on.
- The degree of the acute angle will be measuring always less than 90° hence every angle which will be ranging from 0°-90° will be known as an acute angle.
- Since the measure of linear pair of angles should be 180° the measure of an acute angle is 90° which will justify that acute angles cannot form the linear pair.
It is also very much important for the people to be clear about several other kinds of associated concepts with acute angle and some of them have been explained as:
- Acute angle triangle: If all the internal angles of the triangle are less than 90° then it will be known as an acute angle triangle. All the equilateral triangles are acute because the measure of every angle will be 60°. Also, the acute triangles can be Isosceles, equilateral or scalene.
- Acute angle parallelogram: A parallelogram is known as the quadrilateral with opposite sides being parallel as well as congruent and apart from this the angles which are opposite to each other will also be congruent and of equal measure. The parallelogram will be having two acute angles and two obtuse angles. So, both of them should have an equal measurement in the whole process.
- Acute angle trapezoid: Trapezoid is the parallelogram with one pair of opposite sides being parallel at the acute trapezoid will be having the interior angles measuring less than 80°.
Some of the very basic acute angles in the real-life have been explained as follows:
- The hands of the wall clock will be making the acute angles at several hours of the day.
- The turn single indicator of the dashboard and the speedometer into any kind of vehicle will help in establishing the acute angles inside the vehicle.
- The road signs of one way or no left turn will also help in showing the acute angle
- Slices of pizza into four or more slices will help in making the formation of the acute angle in the whole process
- The English alphabet V is also considered to be the acute angle example
Hence, it is very much important for the students to be clear about all the above-mentioned concepts associated with the acute angle so that there is no chance of any kind of problem. Registering the kids on official platforms like Cuemath is a very good idea on the behalf of parents to ensure that they will be on the right track of dealing with things and every kid becomes the master of the mathematics.